Spring Lawn Care
This webinar video was created in partnership with the Metropolitan Council and addresses several topics on how to care for your lawn in spring.
Watering Wisdom Webinar series
The goal of this webinar series, created in partnership with the Metropolitan Council, is to help homeowners have healthier lawns and more efficient irrigation systems.
- Outdoor Water Use in the Twin Cities: Am I Using Too Much?
- Learning to Control Your Irrigation Controller
- Turfgrass Species for Low-Input Minnesota Lawns
- Lawn Care Best Management Practices
- Winterizing Your Lawn
Lawn Conversion series
Interested in renovating your existing lawn? This series of videos from former Extension Educator Sam Bauer shows you all the steps.
- Part 1: Site Assessment
- Part 2: Seed Selection
- Part 3: Vegetation Control
- Part 4: Seedbed Preparation
- Part 5: Seeding
- Part 6: Fertilizing
- Part 7: Erosion Control
- Home Lawn Species Conversion: The Easy Approach
- Creating a bee friendly lawn
Lawn water conservation
Many people with lawn irrigation systems overwater. Learn how to prevent wasting water with these videos.
- Green Grass with Less Blue
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Watering Your Lawn and the Water Supply in the Twin Cities
- Water Irrigation Audit
Our team focuses on breeding several turfgrass species. Watch these videos to learn more!
- Improving seed production in perennial ryegrass
- Improving winterhardiness in perennial ryegrass
- Developing fine fescues for low-input lawns in Minnesota
Check out videos on our research and other topics relating to golf.
- Fine fescues for use on golf course fairways
- Evaluation of divot recovery
- An interview with Roger Stewart (2012)
- 3M Championship (2012)
- USGA, University of Minnesota partner to strengthen golf's future
- Benefits of rolling putting greens
- University of Minnesota Golf Park
We have two different videos addressing salt tolerance of roadside turfgrasses.
Here are some of our other videos on a variety of topics.
- Turfgrass Suggestions for the Twin Cities
- Bee lawns
- Low input grasses for Minnesota
- Turfgrasses for lawns in Minnesota
- Use of glyphosate to control annual and perennial grassy weeds in fine fescue mixtures
- Living Laboratory: Low maintenance turfgrass
- Diagnosing lawn problems (50-minute webinar)
- A time and place for tall fescue
- Submitting a sample to the plant disease clinic
- Fine fescue research collaboration
- A turfgrass research film
- Perennial ryegrass research overview
- The impact of rust pathogens on perennial ryegrass in Minnesota
- Melting ice at TROE