Growing a Healthy Lawn with Less Water
Welcome to our Watering Wisdom: Growing a Healthy Lawn with Less Water webinar series event page. We are hosting a free, five-part summer webinar series focusing on turfgrass and irrigation topics. Our goal is to help homeowners have healthier lawns and more efficient irrigation systems. Please join us for one (or as many as you would like) of the five webinars we are presenting. If you are interested in learning more about our work, please visit our Irrigation Resources page.
Webinars in the series
Our series will be held on several Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m. (Central Time) throughout July to September. Each webinar will last 30 minutes with additional time for questions at the end of each session.
- Outdoor Water Use in the Twin Cities: Am I Using Too Much? - this webinar is over; see the recording posted at the bottom of this page
- Learning to Control Your Irrigation Controller - Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
- Turfgrass Species for Low-Input Minnesota Lawns - Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 2:00 psee.m.
- Lawn Care Best Management Practices - Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
- Winterizing Your Lawn - September 29, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
How to attend
If you plan on joining one of the upcoming webinars, we would appreciate if you pre-register by filling out this online form. It is not required, but will be helpful for us to have an idea of how many people might attend.
We will be offering these webinars through Zoom. Please join each webinar at least 5 minutes prior to start time. You can join using the Zoom link below. You will be asked for the password first, then your name and email address. Or if you have a Zoom account, you can join using the Webinar ID. The information below will be the same for all five webinars.
Zoom link: Watering Wisdom Webinar Series
Webinar ID: 912 6833 0161
If you don't have internet access, the webinar will also have a telephone call-in option. Dial +1 651 372 8299; the Webinar ID for the telephone is 912 6833 0161 and the password is 856153. Please note the telephone password is different than computer password above.
How to use Zoom
Are you new to Zoom? We have a few tips to get you started. Before joining your first webinar you should visit the Zoom website to review their quick start guide. Another helpful hint is to test the audio on your computer before the meeting; you can also troubleshoot audio during the webinar. You can even familiarize yourself with Zoom by joining a test meeting.
- Shane Evans Lawn Water Conservation Educator, UMN Department of Horticultural Science. Shane will be presenting on smart controllers and irrigation.
- Brian Davis Senior Engineer, Water Supply Planning, Metropolitan Council. Brian will be presenting on water use in the seven-county metro area.
- Eric Watkins Professor, UMN Department of Horticultural Science. Eric will be presenting on low-input turfgrass species.
- Kristine Moncada Scientist, UMN Department of Horticultural Science. Kristine will be moderating the seminar series.
Shane Evans <email@example.com> for information on webinar content.
Kristine Moncada <firstname.lastname@example.org> for information on Zoom or technical difficulties.
Previously recorded webinars
Come back to this page after our series has started if you want to catch webinars you missed! We will add each recording a few days after the webinar has occurred.
- Outdoor Water Use in the Twin Cities: Am I Using Too Much? recorded July 7, 2020
This series is part of the Twin Cities Lawn Irrigation Efficiency Study funded by the Metropolitan Council and the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment.