NOTE: this position has been re-posted; please see the updated job description for more information.
Interested in joining our team? Do you have education and experience in managing turfgrass surfaces such as golf course or sports turf and operating turfgrass maintenance equipment or agricultural field machinery? The University of Minnesota Turfgrass Science group is hiring a Turf Research Field Facility Manager so apply today!
This position primarily contributes to the field maintenance of The Turfgrass Research, Outreach and Education Center (TROE) at the University of Minnesota. This site includes both a USGA specification research green, a native soil research green, turfgrass research plots and turfgrass breeding nurseries, as well as an automated rain-out shelter that is used for research on turfgrass water-use and drought tolerance. In addition to facilities at TROE, other turfgrass research sites are located around the state of Minnesota. In the winter months, this position also includes maintenance of turfgrass research in controlled environments such as in the greenhouse and growth chambers. As our Facility Manager, you would support the management of research protocols under the general direction and oversight of the Project Investigator, as well as performing experimental procedures directed by other turfgrass researchers on the team.
Examples of work related to this position are:
- Does rolling greens following a contact fungicide application affect results?
- Searching for a stress-less spring
- Evaluating fine fescues for golf greens in cold climates
- Working toward a greener spring: finding solutions to winter turfgrass damage
- Sometimes you have to be creative
- Cultivar evaluation trials
- Seeding rate and no mow trial
- Field days: UMN Golf Field Day, UMN Grounds and Parks Field Day, UMN WinterTurf Field Day