Lawn Conversion series
Interested in renovating your existing lawn? This series of videos from former Extension Educator Sam Bauer shows you all the steps.
- Part 1: Site Assessment
- Part 2: Seed Selection
- Part 3: Vegetation Control
- Part 4: Seedbed Preparation
- Part 5: Seeding
- Part 6: Fertilizing
- Part 7: Erosion Control
- Home Lawn Species Conversion: The Easy Approach
Lawn water conservation
Many people with lawn irrigation systems overwater. Learn how to prevent wasting water with these videos.
- Green Grass with Less Blue
- Too Much of a Good Thing: Watering Your Lawn and the Water Supply in the Twin Cities
- Water Irrigation Audit
Our team focuses on breeding several turfgrass species. Watch these videos to learn more!
- Improving seed production in perennial ryegrass
- Improving winterhardiness in perennial ryegrass
- Developing fine fescues for low-input lawns in Minnesota
Check out videos on our research and other topics relating to golf.
- Fine fescues for use on golf course fairways
- Evaluation of divot recovery
- An interview with Roger Stewart (2012)
- 3M Championship (2012)
- USGA, University of Minnesota partner to strengthen golf's future
- Benefits of rolling putting greens
- University of Minnesota Golf Park
We have two different videos addressing salt tolerance of roadside turfgrasses.
Here are some of our other videos on a variety of topics.
- Bee lawns
- Low input grasses for Minnesota
- Turfgrasses for lawns in Minnesota
- Use of glyphosate to control annual and perennial grassy weeds in fine fescue mixtures
- Living Laboratory: Low maintenance turfgrass
- Diagnosing lawn problems (50-minute webinar)
- A time and place for tall fescue
- Submitting a sample to the plant disease clinic
- Fine fescue research collaboration
- A turfgrass research film
- Perennial ryegrass research overview
- The impact of rust pathogens on perennial ryegrass in Minnesota
- Melting ice at TROE